Re: (PMOD) Fastest Connection and thru-put

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 13:09:36 -1000 (HST)

On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Doug Hardie wrote:

> Has anyone been successful in getting the following modem to work without
> disconnects? Thanks,

Yes ... it's in archives and is a VERY old problem.

> The modem is the IBM Mwave 28.8 DataFax VOD modem that came in my IBM
> Aptiva 2176-C73.

basic description of this MWave is a DSP that is utilized for Modem and
sound processing.
my description a POS which should be trashed if possible.

there were some sites, ibm and a watson.ba.ca (or something like that)
which you should be able to find with search engines.

In all, if it has the original drivers they were rubbish. The newer
drivers aren't much better and you may still have to use commas.

I'd get a cheap LT modem with at least 5.49 driver and eliminate the
M(uck)Wave.

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood Got Clue? If so: ISPF! The Forum for ISPs by ISPs, <http://www.ispf.com>