Re: (PMOD) Hint for LT Win Modems

Ed Schulz (edschulz@lucent.com)
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 11:08:51 -0400

I don't work for Lucent RABU wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, Joel Golden wrote:
>
> > I tried this with 3.8.2.c2 and had a drop in connection rate.
> > >From 49333 to 31200. Any ideas?
>
> Yeah, you followed the below and didn't check which version of driver. ;)
> I'm not sure if all versions have v.90 and K56Flex, but in the below case
> it sounds as if that driver had both. Disabling v90 means it should only
> try K56Flex then v.34.

Note that Lucent Win Modem versions since about 5.39 disable K56flex by
default. We did this to improve the chance that Lucent client modems
calling an older dual-mode non-Lucent server will try V.90 instead of
K56flex. All versions of Lucent V.90 modems still include K56flex -- but
you might need to enable it.

If you want to try K56flex instead of V.90, then you must use s38=1-v90=0 in
Extra Settings. Use ATI11 to check the connection results.

--
Ed Schulz
edschulz@lucent.com