Re: (PMOD) Re: (PM) Whats with the HSP modems and PM3s?

Jose de Leon (jadiel@thevision.net)
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 09:01:49 -0700

Okay,

Com OS 3.8.2 with PRI. I've checked the PRI line stats on each PM3,
everything is appears to be perfect, no accumilated errors on every line.
Switch type is att-5ess custom.

----- Original Message -----
From: I don't work for Lucent RABU <livingston@iav.com>
To: <portmaster-modems@livingston.com>
Cc: <portmaster-users@livingston.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 1999 3:52 PM
Subject: (PMOD) Re: (PM) Whats with the HSP modems and PM3s?

Please take to the appropriate list...

On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Jose de Leon wrote:

> Every single HSP modem that has come my way will not connect at ANY SPEED!

EVERYONE? hmm, that'd be extremely strange, there must be some factor
that is similar to cause such a situation...

> They only connect to our analog modem bank. What is it with these modems?
> Something is there an init string for these modems to connect to the PM3s?

Hmm, well your analog modem bank can NOT do 56K technology connections.
So this points to a modem code problem. whether it's on the LRABU side or
your clients is hard to say since you DIDN'T give enough information!!

what ComOS are you running? What type of lines are feeding your PM3s?
Have you contacted support@livingston.com yet?

Otherwise it's a shot in the dark to answer your question!

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood Got Clue? If so: ISPF! The Forum for ISPs by ISPs, <http://www.ispf.com>