Re: (PMOD) Re: (PM) Whats with the HSP modems and PM3s?

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 14:16:49 -1000 (HST)

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999, Frank Duchoeny wrote:

> Will the Zoltrix HSP Code work with the non-Zoltrix HSP modems? We have
> clients with HSP modems from companies such as Harmony, Onspeed, and several
> other names. Different name, same crap.

You won't know until you try 8)

the .156 on the zoltrix site is for the pci modems (at least the one I've
been playing with) and if the older firmware/driver is .110 or .134 I just
pop the .156 in. Since most users don't use the 'features' and just want
data/fax capability, this has been a handy solution here.

Just remember it's HCF chip'd modems. There are other Rockwell chipsets
which are a bitch of a time to find drivers for... /me glances at a
traded-in Zoom 2929 and curses rockwell... ;)

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood Got Clue? If so: ISPF! The Forum for ISPs by ISPs, <http://www.ispf.com>