(PMOD) Re: (PM) Decent Modem

jon-lists (jonlist@flanet.com)
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 17:56:54 -0400

I get them from Kaltech, http://www.kaltech.net
I don't want to post their price, since they don't publically advertise the
price list, but it's under $50. :)

You have to have to be a reseller in order to buy from them, they don't
sell to the general public. I've noticed alot of things from them that can
be had for less mail ordering using pricewatch to price hunt, but they're
local for me, and they have a good 1yr replacement warranty on items if I'm
not mistaken.

If you have a reseller license, i'd suggest calling them up and grabbing
one and test it, see if you have as good results in your area as I do..

I've heard all the talk about some modems work better than others and
visa-versa depending on the telco, so evauluating it first would probably
be smart.

The company that actually makes Smartlink modems is Archtek.
http://www.archtek.com

here's a link to the Modem itself:
http://www.archtek.com/5634bts.htm

Good Luck