Re: (RADIUS) USR Total Control NetServer/Radius

L. M. Marchese (lmais@africaonline.co.ci)
Thu, 02 Apr 1998 19:31:04 +0100

I remember when I installed Radius 2.0.1 on RH 4.2, it complained about
not finding libdb.so.1 (ELF). I had to create a link to libdb.so.2 to
make it start. The problem was everytime the USR tried to authenticate
a user, Radius complained with a message:

user_find: unable to parse check-items for user, .... unknow user bob

I had downloaded the package (radius_2_0_1_Linux_2_0_tar.Z) from
livingston's site. Maybe the download and the commercial products are
different.

Did you have to do anything special, e.g., adding new libraries to
RH4.2?

Cheers,
Lisa