Re: (RADIUS) Annex

Flint E. Barber (fbarber@iex.net)
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 14:37:49 -0600

Hi Joe,
We use Xylogics Annex 4000's & Annex 3's. We had the same problem a few
months back. We create a menu that mimicked the ACP chat scripts and
seems to be working just fine. When you install radius you will have a
subdirectory "menus". Take a look at the sample menus and you should be
able to get one of them to work. We have serveral static IP customers
that we wrote a perl script to translate from ACP_Dialup to the Radius
menus format. In the radius users file we made entries for menus and
named those menus the users name. For instance:
Radius users File:
joe Auth-Type = System
Menu = "joe"

Then in the menus subdirectory we created a menu file named: joe

This situation worked well for us. If you have a lot of users that have
special menus it can possible cause problems. We had about 250. I hope
this helps.
Regards
Flint