Re: (RADIUS) question about roaming

Chris Parker (cparker@starnetusa.net)
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 17:33:12 -0500

On Wed, 15 Apr 1998, Jennifer Zhou wrote:

> Does RADIUS support roamimg? How can it do? Is there any attribute to do
> roaming?

Right now, Lucent RABU has their next version of radius ( 2.1 ) in beta
testing. It will support 'proxy radius' or 'roaming' as it is sometimes
called. It isn't available yet, so if you need proxy radius support
right now, you may want to look into Merit's Basic AAA server. You can
read more about it at:

http://www.merit.edu/aaa

Merit has been doing 'proxy radius' longer than anyone else that I know
of. ( If I'm wrong, please correct me... ) Their proxy support is solid,
and their server can handle mutliple vendor environments ( USR | Ascend |
Livingston ) very well. The basic version is free, and will run on just
about any unix platform.
-Chris

--
   \\\|||///  \  Chris Parker: Systems Administration and Development
   \ ~   ~ /   \   cparker@starnetusa.net   \   cparker@megapop.net
   | @   @ |    \    www.starnetusa.net      \    www.megapop.net
                  \ Without C we would have 'obol', 'basi', and 'pasal'