Re: (RADIUS) question about roaming

Mike McCauley (mikem@open.com.au)
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 12:38:35 -0500

On Apr 15, 5:33pm, Chris Parker wrote:
> Subject: Re: (RADIUS) question about roaming
> On Wed, 15 Apr 1998, Jennifer Zhou wrote:
> >
> > Does RADIUS support roamimg? How can it do? Is there any attribute to do
> > roaming?
>
> Right now, Lucent RABU has their next version of radius ( 2.1 ) in beta
> testing. It will support 'proxy radius' or 'roaming' as it is sometimes
> called. It isn't available yet, so if you need proxy radius support
> right now, you may want to look into Merit's Basic AAA server. You can
> read more about it at:
>
> http://www.merit.edu/aaa
>
> Merit has been doing 'proxy radius' longer than anyone else that I know
> of. ( If I'm wrong, please correct me... ) Their proxy support is solid,
> and their server can handle mutliple vendor environments ( USR | Ascend |
> Livingston ) very well. The basic version is free, and will run on just
> about any unix platform.

Radiator also supports proxys and roaming in a multi-vendor environment (Cisco,
USR, Ascend, Livingston etc), and is qualified with GRIC roaming.

http://www.open.com.au/radiator

--
Mike McCauley                                 mikem@open.com.au
Open System Consultants Pty. Ltd              Unix, Motif, C++, WWW