Re: (RADIUS) radius detail file structure

Dick (dick@dw.net)
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 20:46:24 -0500 (CDT)

I have created programs to do billing with the detail file and I think
that you can be sure that *if* you get a start and a stop record then you
will always have the start first.

The problem is not the order it is that you will find start without stop
records and stop without start records. At least that is what we see. If
someone knows for sure that the setup can cause this and that this is not
always the case please let me know.

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, qcislands net gated newsgroup feed wrote:

> I am writing a little routine to detail an individual port's activity;
> something like:
> session ID user name start time end time duration protocol term cause
>
> My question is, are the records for any given Port *always* sequential? That
> is, is there ever a possibility that a start record for a port might PRECEED
> the stop record for that same port from the previous session?
>
> If I can be assured that this could never happen it will simplify my program
> logic.

Richard B. Stuplich
President, DataWave Technologies
DataWave, Wausau's first local ISP to have a direct connection to the
midwest NAP, a full T1, high speed terminal servers, wireless connections,
Frame Relay, ISDN, x2, k56Flex and all digital modem connections.

Experience the integrity, innovation and dedication of DataWave 715-843-7823