Re: (RADIUS) question about roaming

Jennifer Zhou (jenniferzhou@iname.com)
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 11:34:32 +0800

Tatsuya Kawasaki wrote:

> Another free radius which support proxy seems to work rather well.
>
> dtc radius; URL:http://www.dtc.co.jp/Radius2.0/RelNoteE.html
>
> Good luck,
>
> Tatsuya
>
> unfortunately aaa is not really free for most of people.
>
> かわさき
>
> = = = = = =
> 電話 03-3239-0607 fax 03-3239-2609
> business network telecom
> http://www.giganet.net
>
> On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Mike McCauley wrote:
>
> > On Apr 15, 5:33pm, Chris Parker wrote:
> > > Subject: Re: (RADIUS) question about roaming

> > > Right now, Lucent RABU has their next version of radius ( 2.1 ) in beta
> > > testing. It will support 'proxy radius' or 'roaming' as it is sometimes
> > > called. It isn't available yet, so if you need proxy radius support
> > > right now, you may want to look into Merit's Basic AAA server. You can
> > > read more about it at:
> > >
> > > http://www.merit.edu/aaa
> > >
> > > Merit has been doing 'proxy radius' longer than anyone else that I know
> > > of. ( If I'm wrong, please correct me... ) Their proxy support is solid,
> > > and their server can handle mutliple vendor environments ( USR | Ascend |
> > > Livingston ) very well. The basic version is free, and will run on just
> > > about any unix platform.
> >
> > Radiator also supports proxys and roaming in a multi-vendor environment (Cisco,
> > USR, Ascend, Livingston etc), and is qualified with GRIC roaming.
> >
> > http://www.open.com.au/radiator
> >

> > --
> > Mike McCauley mikem@open.com.au
> > Open System Consultants Pty. Ltd Unix, Motif, C++, WWW
> > 24 Bateman St Hampton, VIC 3188 Australia Consulting and development
> > Phone, Fax: +61 3 9598-0985
> > http://www.open.com.au
> > -
> >

> -
> To unsubscribe, email 'majordomo@livingston.com' with
> 'unsubscribe portmaster-radius' in the body of the message.

I'd like to find a RADIUS server which support proxy and Cisco access server. If it
can support SQL server such as Sybase or Oracle to save the user informatin, it will
be better. If it does not support, I will modify it if it is free.

Please give me some suggestion.

Thanks.
Jennifer

'unsubscribe portmaster-radius' in the body of the message.