Re: (RADIUS) MODEM RESET

NOT a LE employee (livingston@iav.com)
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 17:18:41 -1000 (HST)

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, Doug Ingraham wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, Azhar H. Chowdhury wrote:
>
> > Dear Sir/Madam,
> >
> > I have found a problem with Livingston. If I reboot the system
> > (Livingston) for some reason , it always resets the modem with it's
> > default state. It means, if I save the modem parameter with it's auto
> > answare on, during reboot the system it saves the modem parameter
> > without auto answare on. Isn't it strange?
>
> They don't do this. It has to be a configuration problem.

More correctly Azhar needs to give the config string that he used and
state whether or not he also has that string with auto-answer enabled on
the Portmaster.

The Portmasters will send an init string to the modems, and it will be
whatever you set the Portmaster to send to the modem. This is in no way a
problem with the Portmaster...

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood