Re: (RADIUS) Time off in detail file

Stefan Hudson (hudson@mbay.net)
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 09:32:40 -0700

On Fri, Apr 24, 1998 at 10:56:48AM -0500, Curtis V. Schleich~~ wrote:
> Hello. I have a PM2e with 30 ports set up and running RADIUS on a Linux
> Server. I have just noticed that the time in the detail file seems to be
> GMT. I thought the "Hardware clock set to GMT" setting might be the
> culprit, so I turned that off, rebooted and set the CMOS clock to CDT, but
> new records in the detail file are still off by 5 hours. Any ideas out
> there in RADIUSland?

What is your system timezone set to? On Linux, /usr/lib/zoneinfo/localtime should
be a link to the file for your time zone; in my case, PST8PDT. If this isn't
set right, sendmail and other system daemons won't have the correct time either.
Your shell, and typing "date" may be okay, since the TZ environment variable
overrides the localtime setting, but TZ isn't usually set when radius and other
stuff is run.

--
     /// Stefan Hudson <hudson@mbay.net>
__  /// Senior Network Administrator - Monterey Bay Internet