Re: (RADIUS) UUCP (fwd)

Stefan Hudson (hudson@mbay.net)
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 14:25:53 -0700

On Fri, Apr 24, 1998 at 01:35:17PM -0700, MegaZone wrote:
> Once upon a time Stefan Hudson shaped the electrons to say...
> >I use a simple, no-password RADIUS entry like this:
> >
> ># UUCP login
> >uucp Password = ""
>
> Note that the fact that this works is a *bug* and will be fixed. Blank
> passwords should not be valid under RADIUS, it is a security hole.

Why is it a bug? I'm deliberatly specifying a null string as a password...
it's doing exactly what I'm telling it to. To me, a bug is something that
doesn't do what is expected for a given input.

And if it is a "bug", how should I intentionally specify no password?
The authentication is handled elsewhere... I'd prefer not even having a
password: prompt at all, but that's kindof required for the way RADIUS
works.

--
     /// Stefan Hudson <hudson@mbay.net>
__  /// Senior Network Administrator - Monterey Bay Internet