RE: (PMOD) Hint for LT Win Modems

Joel Golden (jgolden@bcs-systems.com)
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 18:51:14 -0500

I tried this with 3.8.2.c2 and had a drop in connection rate.
>From 49333 to 31200. Any ideas?

Joel Golden
www.bcs-systems.com
Jgolden@bcs-systems.com
BCS
1100 71 Plaza Court
Suite 11
Springdale, AR 72764
(501)750-7475

-----Original Message-----
From: David Anthony [mailto:allgone1@telebot.net]
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 1999 8:49 PM
To: portmaster-modems@livingston.com
Subject: (PMOD) Hint for LT Win Modems

Here's an interesting piece of trivia. Sorry if it is
widely known by
everyone but me.

I had a guy who was complaining of really slow
throughput, although he
was connected at 37,333 using an LT Win modem. Sorry, I
never looked at
his ati3 results--never had to. I knew it couldn't have
been bad phone
lines--the area where he lives has some of the best
lines in the city.
So I disabled v90 (never liked it anyway) with at-v90=0
and that was it;
connected at a stable 50,000, no retrains or
renegotiations, and his
mail downloaded fine.

Hope that helps somebody out there.

--