Re: (PMOD) HSP MicroModem 56

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 15:03:03 -1000 (HST)

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999, Tim Patton wrote:

> I thought that this would be a zoltrix, but I checked, and I didn't see
> that revision of driver listed at all on Zoltrix's website....they are
> only getting 31200 connecting to our PM3 3.8.2c2....any idea
> where I can find the newest drivers, or even who makes the bloody
> thing?
>
> Here's the ati commands

[snip]

> ati3
> PCtel 7.63-9CMS

Hmm, PCTel chipset ....

Now when you visit PCTel's website you'll find that you need to find who
actually made that modem to find drivers. Well, you could experiment
and try other drivers for some of the end companies like

http://www.hostmodems.com
http://www.multiwave.com

etc.

The best bet to find the manufacturer of the modem though is to take the
FCC id it's on a lil tag on the modem and put it through the FCC finder
one of which is at:

http://www.808hi.com/56k/whomadeit.htm

c'mon people, there is a LOT of information to track down modems starting
with the 808hi.com site!

Okay, a little more digging on the zoltrix site
http://www.zoltrix.com/modem.htm

and find on pctel and man what do we see?

quite a few drivers ... and joy of joys they are CPU specific ... you can
try those and see...

Going back to other manufacturers, I see that 7.64 seems to be the latest.
Don't bother with CTX for PCTel as they have a 7.61 driver on thier ftp
site...

In all, I'd experiment with one or two of the 7.64 drivers that you can
find off of the companies linked off of the www.pctel.com website. But
only after trying to find the original manufacturer.

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood Got Clue? If so: ISPF! The Forum for ISPs by ISPs, <http://www.ispf.com>