Re: (PMOD) Lucent WildWire modems

Bill Dunn (bildun@vci.net)
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 21:08:30 -0500

Well, this new user called and talked to Compaq for 3 hours Monday night
and fixed the problem. He said he didn't know what they did that fixed it.
I wouldn't be surprised if I hear from him again. I was going to have him
remove and re-install the modem driver today but he's working now.

Bill Dunn

At 07:04 AM 7/20/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Which rev of driver does "ati3" display? Which operating system is
running on the
>dialing PC??? (end user's). I believe all Lucent chipsets use the same
drivers. You
>may also use an extra setting of "&f". This modem should work well with
the latest
>rev of driver and no extra settings. If you need further assistance
please feel free
>to call into tech support 800-458-9966 and get a service request opened for
>assistance.
>
>Regards,
>
>Rob
>
>Bill Dunn wrote:
>
>> We've had call forwarding lines for over 2 years. One of these
customers
>> has 3 local numbers, two of which are call forwarded and another is a CLEC
>> number. They still can't connect. The ComOS version doesn't seem to matter.
>> Im going to have him remove the modem driver and reinstall it and see what
>> happens. Both customers said it worked for a while and then just quit.
>> Although one of them said it took at least two times to connect when he
>> thought it was working right.
>>
>> Bill Dunn
>>
>> At 01:14 AM 7/20/99 -0500, you wrote:
>> >Have a number that's local for them that forwards to the others... (Get a
>> >business line w/ "Local Plus", and just have it forwarding... that's the
>> >way we did it... (To reduce POP costs)... and it doesn't really mess with
>> >the connect rates that much... just takes a few milliseconds more to
>> >connect.
>> >
>> >Thanks,
>> >Daniel

Compaqs?