Re: (RADIUS) Idle time-out?

L. M. Marchese (lmais@africaonline.co.ci)
Tue, 07 Apr 1998 18:25:55 +0100

For the past month I have been trying to make radius (livingston, and
modified versions) running on RH Linux 4.2 to authenticate users dialing
into a USR NetServer/16. I keep getting "incorrect password".
someone sent me the "testuser" program which acts as a client to Radius
to troubleshoot the problem. When I run testuser the first time, I get
a "recv timeout", although radius (started as radiusd -x -s) prints
after a couple of minutes that the user is authenticated.
If I wait a few minutes then start the testuser program, it
authenticates fine, but the response it gives are very slow. testuser
usually gives you the users file entries, in my case it prints the lines
over a spread of 4 minutes (strange). I have conculed that there is a
problem with my radius setup, can't tell if it is the radiusd or RH 4.2
configuration.
Again, users dialing into the Netserver always get "incorrect password".

You can make what you want of my experiences. I am still working with
some people on solving this problem. I will post my findings to the
list.