Re: (RADIUS) Anyone using Cistron Radius? Specifically: Simultaneous-Use? (fwd)

Jose de Leon (jadiel@thevision.net)
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 18:01:39 -0700

Thats what I did, I use pmcom to scan the ports via telnet. Hasn't
presented any problems, yet. I too have Total Controls and PMs. Want to
buy a Total Control fully loaded?

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Tsai <pmlist@cosmo.mitec.net>
To: PortMaster RADIUS <portmaster-radius@livingston.com>
Date: Tuesday, April 21, 1998 2:34 PM
Subject: Re: (RADIUS) Anyone using Cistron Radius? Specifically:
Simultaneous-Use? (fwd)

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, MegaZone wrote:
> >perl script. I customized mine and don't use SNMP to check ports.
> But SNMP is the important bit! Without SNMP Cistron has all the same
> inherent problems as the other hacks! Relyign on RADIUS alone is NOT
> a good idea, SNMP is there to fill in the holes in RADIUS and MUST be
> used to have a complete solution.
> That's why I keep recommending Cistron - they're the only ones who do it
> right!

What about modifying Cistron to use Telnet|sho ses (ala pmwho) instead?
The performance difference between that and SNMP cannot be too great. The
reason I am asking is because we have a combination of PM's and Total
Controls, and the TC doesn't support Livingston-style SNMP. So would have
to hack it to pmwho-poll it (works since it uses ComOS).

Has anyone done this yet, successfully? (combination of PMs and TCs)

'unsubscribe portmaster-radius' in the body of the message.

'unsubscribe portmaster-radius' in the body of the message.