Re: (PMOD) [PMOD] iMac modems

Great Works Internet (portmaster-modems@gwi.net)
Fri, 02 Jul 1999 20:34:20 -0400

According to Apple, the iMac modem is way too aggressive with trying to
attain high speed connections. I have a PowerBook G3, it uses the same
modem. I wrote a bunch of scripts that you can use to limit the modem's
maximum connection speed. They are available at
ftp://ftp.gwi.net/pub/support/mac/iMac_PB_Internal.sea.hqx with
instructions (geared for our users) on how to install and use them.

Hope they help.